Ultrasound is a noninvasive method of screening the abdomen for any stones ( calculi), Masses or Tumors ,Infections, Organ enlargement & several other problems . It’s a base line investigation/ test for most patients& routinely done to detect or rule out diseases .Screening of Liver , Spleen , Kidneys , Pancreas , Gall bladder , Prostate , Uterus and Ovaries is done .It is noninvasive & does not cause any harm to even little babies.
Fetal Ultrasound helps us to know about the growth of the baby fetus in pregnant lady from 4 weeks till 40 weeks.We detect congenital defects , baby weight , growth and organ formation with the USG
Commonly done Ultrasounds
- Whole Abdomen
- Upper Abdomen
- Fetal Scan
- Pelvis - in male / female
- Kidney Ureter Bladder
- Follicle Scan
- Whole Abdomen : Fasting for 3-4 Hours and Full Bladder ( Do not pass urine for 2-3 hours and drink plenty of fluids )
- Upper abdomen: Fasting for 3 to 4 hrs. ( Water Allowed )
- Fetal Scan: Full Bladder till the 3rd Thereafter no preparation required.
- Pelvis - Full Bladder - Do not pass Urine for 2 to 3 hrs. & Drink plenty of fluids. (NO FASTING REQUIRED)
- KUB - Only Full Bladder
- Follicle Scan - Full Bladder Required .Normally it is done from 8th or 10th day of the menstrual cycle & you may be required to come several days till the follicle reaches an appropriate size.